jump to navigation

Sorry, Can’t Help Any More July 11, 2008

Posted by Attorney Jonathan Groth in FAQ Personal Injury.
Tags: , , , ,
add a comment

That is sometimes the comment that victims of car accidents get from their doctors.  Often, the comment will be “you’ve reached a plateau” or “your condition is waxing and waining”.  If you are the victim of a motor vehicle collision and have long standing pain don’t be afraid of a second opinion.  If you see a chiropractor don’t hesitate to ask him or her for the name of someone to check out care through a different modality.  If you are seeing your general practitioner doctor don’t be afraid to ask for a referral to a pain specialist.  Physiatrists (pain and rehabilitation specialists) are often brought in to help deal with longstanding pain. 

Whatever your problems are I strongly encourage you to be proactive regarding your treatment.  Remember, when it comes to your health: You are your best advocate.  No one knows the problems that you go through better than you.  Write down the problems that you continue to suffer through and take that list to the doctor.  It will help her/him track your pain and how best to treat your problems.