jump to navigation

Hit and Run and Ran May 22, 2008

Posted by Attorney Jonathan Groth in Personal Groth.
Tags: , , ,

Let’s say someone is hit by a car and the car doesn’t stop.  We know it as a “Hit and Run.”  Many times the police, with the help of witnesses, are able to find the car that caused the collision.  But what if the car hits and runs and ultimately gets away.  Or if the car that causes the collision has no insurance.  If you’re injured who pays for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and inconvenience. 

In Wisconsin, if you have auto insurance you will also have Uninsured Motorist coverage.  Wisconsin law allows the car accident victim to make a claim against their own auto insurance.  After the Uninsured Motorist coverage pays for your injuries the insurance company has the right and ability to investigate further and get paid back from the driver of the hit and run vehicle.  

Remember to talk with your insurance agent about your coverage.  Ask about the limits of your uninsured motorist coverage.  It’s important to have enough coverage to fully compensate you just in case you are hit by a driver that flees the scene of an accident or does not have any insurance.


Jon Groth is a Wisconsin Personal Injury Attorney handling cases throughout Wisconsin and most recently in Racine, Green Bay, Plymouth and Wauwatosa.


No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: